- Please consult the State Department's travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and Country Specific Information for Sudan.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact the U.S. Embassy in Khartoum, located at U.S. Embassy Road, Kilo 10, Soba, Khartoum, at 249-187-022871 (International), or 0187-022871 (Local). The after-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is 249-187-022000 (International), or 0187-022000 (Local), and ask to speak with the duty officer.
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.
Messages from 2016:
Messages from 2015:
- Worldwide Travel Alert (November 23, 2015)
- Security Message for U.S. Citizens: Protest at Egyptian Embassy (November 18, 2015)
- Security Message for U.S. Citizens: Security Reminder (September 9, 2015)