Are you living in Sudan and looking to study in the United States?
Then you are at the right place! EducationUSA Advising Center Sudan has accurate, up-to-date information, resources (books, websites, brochures), sessions and guidance on U.S. universities and the process to get there.
Always make sure that your U.S. University is accredited; for more information, click here.
Studying abroad is a very individual, personal decision and the EducationUSA Advisor will provide you with resources so you can decide if applying to U.S. universities is right for you. The center hosts group advising sessions for those interested in undergraduate (study for a Bachelor’s Degree) and graduate study (study for a Master’s or PhD) in the United States with individual follow-up consultations if requested. The center does not have scholarships or applications for them. Rather, the advisor provides guidance to prospective students in selecting appropriate universities, locating financial aid if available, and applying for admission. The center also has study materials for admission tests such as TOEFL, GRE, SAT, GMAT, LSAT as well as USMLE.
What is available for you through EducationUSA Advising Center Sudan?
Group sessions both introductory sessions that explain US university education and workshops to help you with the application process. They take place in Khartoum but occasionally are offered in cities around Sudan.
Resource library which has:
- Numerous resources of books on US universities and their programs.
- Resource books to help you prepare the best application possible.
- DVDs and CDs for English language (English proficiency is necessary for study in the United States.)
- Computers with internet connection to support students.
- EducationUSA Advisor to answer questions and offer guidance.
- Study materials for admission tests such as TOEFL, GMAT, GRE, SAT, LSAT as well as USMLE (for use in the center as well as for sale)
Information which is accurate, up-to-date and unbiased.
The EducationUSA Advising Center is open Monday thru Thursday, 1:00-4:00. If you would like to make an appointment, please email email@example.com at least 24 hours in advance, with your name, nationality and time you would like to visit.
To visit the Information Resource Center (IRC) in the U.S. Embassy to use university preparation resources and buy test preparation books for TOEFL, GRE-Revised, SAT, GMAT please contact IRC Director at +249-187-022-109 - email: khartoumIRC_DL@state.gov. The IRC is open Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday from 9:30-12:30.
The Advising Center can help if you have had difficulty in:
- knowing what steps you need to take to apply to universities or for a student visa,
- learning what is required for your application and how to make it the best you can,
- receiving your I-20,
- making SEVIS payments to the U.S.,
- as well as other matters related to studying in the United States.
Your 5 Steps to U.S. Study. What do you want to study? Click on the link below
Sessions Scheduled for Year 2013 -
* May 28th - 2:00 - Introduction to Studying in the US
* June 4th - 2:00 - Graduate Study: Step 1
* June 11th - 2:00 - Statement of Purpose and Letters of Recommendation
* June 18th - 1:00 - Mock TOEFL Exam
For more information please contact the EducationUSA advisor at: firstname.lastname@example.org