The consular office accepts applications for new and renewal passports through our appointment system. To schedule an appointment, CLICK HERE. The Embassy estimates that citizens will receive their new passports approximately 2 to 3 weeks from date of submission. Citizens are urged to plan ahead and submit their applications two months prior to the expiration date of their passport.
Applicants must provide:
- evidence of identity and citizenship (e.g. old passport, original U.S.naturalization certificate); birth certificate and government issued photo ID, or
- two recent full front face photographs (2"x 2" against a light background on thin, unglazed paper);
- a completed application form; and
- Passport fees are listed on the Fees for Selected Consular Services page
- copies of all original documents
Photo age progression - Passport renewals for children whose most recent passport was issued under the age of 5 should present one to two photographs per year of the child from the age in the previous passport to the present age.
Make sure you have completed all required forms before scheduling an
appointment with the Consular Section. CLICK HERE to view the required forms.
In emergency cases, the Embassy will be able to issue limited validity passports for immediate travel. These limited validity passports will not, however, be renewable. Persons issued a limited validity passport will need to apply for a standard photo-digitized passport.
For additional information on passport requirements, visit: http://travel.state.gov/passport/passport_1738.html
Passport applications are now available for downloading or printing at our Download Passport Applications page.
Please note that all passport applicants must appear in person at the Consular section. Appointments for extra page additions also must be made through our above on-line appointment system.