Complete DS-160 online application
DS-160 online application
All Visa Applicants are required to fill out the DS-160 online application form. You will need a printer to print the final confirmation page, or you will need to be able to email the confirmation page to a computer where it can be printed. Click here to go directly to DS-160
Instructions –Completing the Application:
- Choose Khartoum as the location where you will be making your visa appointment, then click “Start a New Application” or “Upload a Previous Application."
- Complete the Personal Data section.
- Under “Travel Information”, choose your “purpose of trip to U.S.” This will determine your visa classification (some visa categories are found under “other”, e.g. H, L, O and I visas).
- View Visa Categories to find out which category you should insert here.
Visa categories are listed in a general manner: H1 would be H, O1 would be O, etc.
- Complete the rest of the application, filling in all required information. It is recommended that you save your application at the end of each page. This will enable you to return to your application at a later time if you are not able to finish the application all at once. Note: if the application is idle for a maximum of 20 minutes, the program will be terminated and you will lose all unsaved information. See the instructions below on how to save your information.
- Upload an electronic photograph (this is required; if you do not upload a photo you will not be able to continue and submit your application).
- After confirming your photo, you are given an opportunity to review your application. You do not need to print this information.
- Next, digitally sign your application with your passport number and the code displayed on the screen and submit your application. Your confirmation screen will now be displayed. Please click on the “Print Confirmation” button to print your confirmation sheet with your personal barcode on it.
- Print in the confirmation sheet in “portrait” format. This is the DS-160 confirmation sheet that you need to bring with you to your appointment. Note: Print ONLY the confirmation sheet.
Upon completing these steps, your visa application will be electronically transmitted, and will be available to the U.S. Embassy staff when you present your confirmation sheet.
Instructions – Saving the Application:
It is strongly recommended that you save your application to your computer at the end of each page, in case you need to return to that page later.
- Click on the “Save” button. This will temporarily save your data to your computer. As soon as your application session is over or your browser closes, your data will be lost.
- Click on the “Save Application to File” button. This will save your application data to your computer in a “.dat” file in the location that you specify.
This data cannot be opened by any other application other than the online DS-160 Application Form; because it is unique to the DS-160, some computers may display it as having an error.
- To open this data, choose the option “Upload a Previous Application” at the beginning of the application form and choose your saved “.dat” file.
- To verify this data is yours, you will be asked to submit your last name and year of birth to complete the upload.